Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25736-300133
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
• Under the direction of a Dock Manager, the Equipment Operator drives a switcher to move trailers in the yard and/or uses a forklift to move parcels on the dock
• Operate forklift and/or switcher vehicle
• Communicate with the Control Room Operator to coordinate trailer movement in the yard
• Place full trailers on the load doors to be unloaded, remove emptied trailers, and place them in the yard; place empty trailers on the correct load doors, remove loaded trailers, and place them in the yard
• Scan parcels using Radio Frequency (RF) system
• Stage parcels by load for later shipment.
• Prepare shipments by running parcels through automated wrapping/strapping machines
• Receive supplies and materials by unloading trucks, verify shipment counts and condition, and document shortages/damages
• Load parcels by hand as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Prior experience switching/operating a switching vehicle preferred
• Prior experience and certification as a forklift operator is preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Good communication skills
• Experience working in a fast paced transportation/warehouse environment
• Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language
Address: 8451 Willard Drive
Zip Code: 18031
Search Engine Description: Freight Forwarding
Warehouse & Distribution
Domicile Location: P5185
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce