Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Maintenance Tech I - IV (Specialist)
Requisition ID: 25736-304205
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical operational knowledge of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
• Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is executed fully.
• Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
• Performs basic troubleshooting techniques on all material handling systems to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical and control system problems.
• Ability to use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
• Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
• May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Four (4) years (or 2 years with preferred degree) light industrial maintenance experience to include:
• Basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical or machine controls
• Basic related troubleshooting skills
• Basic mechanical or electrical installation
• Four (4) years (or two (2) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in development of effective and efficient solutions.
Either mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the following:
• Basic electrical knowledge through residential, commercial or industrial environment or technical school
• Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or fabrication skills
• Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical requirements
• Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting abilities.
• Basic mechanical and/or electrical installation
City: Grove City
Zip Code: 43123
Search Engine Description: Maintenance
Domicile Location: P432
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce