Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operations Manager I-II Hub
Requisition ID: 25736-304358
Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
This is a frontline manager position that supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages specific day-to-day operations and an assigned staff within a station or hub. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Package Handlers. The Operations Manager may also manage administrative employees and functions and ensures administrative processes are compliant with FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations within the station or hub
• Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable)
• Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results
• Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs
• Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate
• Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance, SWAK, hazardous materials, and dock safety
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred
• Six (6) months package handler, FedEx Ground field or related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice
• Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer- based applications
Other Job Description Information
This is a PART TIME position on SUN sort% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 2460 N.W. Sundial Road
Zip Code: 97060
Search Engine Description: Operations
Domicile Location: P972
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce