Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Portfolio Business Architect
Requisition ID: 25736-304402
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
This position works closely with and engages business and technical stakeholders at all levels of the FedEx Ground Segment to translate FedEx Ground business strategy into actionable strategic roadmaps. The Portfolio Business Architect will understand the interrelationship among the defined FedEx Ground Value Streams and their influence to the overall FedEx Ground Segment strategic business vision. The role will articulate and communicate the connection between the identified enterprise business needs and the developed capabilities of the strategic roadmaps. This will require understanding of the impact and influence of broader industry and technology trends on the strategic business vision to recommend action plans cross value stream/Operating Company and to FedEx Services IT Leadership. This position works to develop an integrated view of the portfolio and repeatable approach to provide insights to enable better prioritization and investment decisions. This role will combine cross value stream business strategy knowledge (60%-70%) with technical knowledge to deconstruct complex concepts into smaller, simplified components.
• Engages all levels of the enterprise (Senior Leadership, Executives, value stream owners; IT partners; other stakeholders) to understand and document the FXG strategy in to: target capabilities, a current state assessment to provide contextual rationale and level of change effort, and make recommendations on a transition plan and sequencing. This includes the annual corporate strategic planning process as well as changes due to new demand.
• Participates in execution of FXG portfolio governance for assessment of IT solutions to present to executive management for prioritization
• Leads collaboration efforts with Business and IT architecture community to apply architectural principles to translate strategic goals and needs into actionable strategic roadmaps for the organization; including capabilities
•Ability to communicate complex solutions to all levels of stakeholders; including executive management
• Supports the Ground SAFe Portfolio Kanban process by further breaking down the portfolio epics during the epic review and analysis into smaller, Portfolio backlog bundles of work that can be consumed by SAFe Value Streams
•Actively collaborates with the Value Stream Business Architects on the further elaboration of the Value Stream backlog bundles of work and to synchronize value stream execution with the strategic roadmap
•Assesses and documents the impact of changing high level strategic direction on established and planned strategic roadmaps
• Contributes to the continued growth in understanding and knowledge of Business Architecture practices, processes, and tools throughout FedEx
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, IT systems or a related discipline that analyzes complex themes and translates into smaller, simplified components
• Seven (7) years of experience in an analytical role with larger projects with value stream or organization-wide impact. Ten (10) years of experience preferred in an analytical role with larger organizational-wide projects
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Previous work in SAFe and Agile environment
• Strategic thinking
• Abstract reasoning skills
• Problem solving abilities
• Systems knowledge
• Influential leadership skills
• Strong breadth and depth of cross functional business knowledge
• Certification in Business Architecture strongly preferred
• Information Technology knowledge as it pertains to company systems
Other Job Description Information
Posting is for 2 positions.
This position can be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Accounting/Finance
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce