Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager – Ground Portfolio Execution Office
Requisition ID: 25736-304403
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
This manager leads the Ground Portfolio Execution (GPE) Office, which supports the GPE leadership and a team of reports to ensure that the FXG business priorities the GSPC sets are delivered through the agile framework. This involves the execution of the portfolio EPICS using the outputs of the Portfolio Kanban process and the allocation of workload to the value streams. This position owns gatekeeping/governance of any new demands and the process to review, influence and gain GPE and Value Stream Council support. The position will facilitate the GPE working meetings, present Portfolio EPIC metrics, and be responsible for the OCM of portfolio priorities. This person will collaborate within FXG, Services and Cross OpCo to ensure the FXG GSPC and GPE processes are followed . This role has a two-way connection to help identify and shepherd strategic themes from the GPE to the FXG Value Stream councils, made up of FXG and Services IT leaders.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements procedures and programs as necessary.
• Plans and manages department spending against expense budgets
• Applies strong strategic and financial knowledge to influence leaders, shape and translate strategic themes for priority execution, and identify financial and IT capital needs
• Leads a team, Ground Portfolio Execution Office (GPEO), to work collaboratively to support the GPE (Ground Portfolio Execution) VP team to execute on the FXG strategies by delivering IT capabilities on time and within budget.
• Collaborates with leaders of GPE and GSPC, the Agile Enablement Office, and with the Portfolio Review Team, PRT, (comprised of IT and business Portfolio and Value Stream Business Architects) to ensure the FXG business strategies are prioritized, sequenced via the Kanban process and executed via GPE and the Value Stream Councils to ensure commitments for IT capabilities are made based on Portfolio Kanban process and Value stream WIP (work in progress) limits.
• Coordinate all FXG demand and work with the Value Stream Councils to define the priority for the scrum teams
• Responsible for accurate tracking of the performance metrics and business outocmes of FXG Portfolio Epics
• Works across the enterprise with peers and leaders to identify cross operating company dependencies/impacts
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related discipline required. An MBA is preferred.
• Five (5) years management experience in cross functional strategic, financial management and/or project management office experience
• In-depth knowledge of the SAFe/Agile framework required
• Five (5) years previous experience using SAFe/Agile/Lean preferred
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• A strong knowledge of overall strategic company initiatives and how this will be accomplished through the various value streams will be required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex information to all levels
• Strong business acumen to enable understanding of larger company strategy
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Engineering
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce