Business Transactions Staff/Senior Attorney
Requisition ID: 25736-306425
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Provides legal counsel and guidance in the ordinary and special activities for FedEx Ground (FXG) to ensure protection of its legal rights and maintain its operations within the limits prescribed by law. Defends FXG against suits and/or claims and prepares the corporation’s claims against others.
• Assesses legal risk and provides management with recommendations regarding matters such as pending litigation, government relations relative to legislation, regulatory compliance, business transactions, commercial contracts, employment laws, and labor matters.
• Prepares legal documents, pleadings, memoranda, and/or commercial contracts.
• Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
• Studies major areas of concern to the Company to recommend appropriate plans of action including changes to policies and procedures.
• Represents the company before federal, state and local courts, administrative agencies and/or other third-parties.
• Engages, oversees, directs and/or evaluates the performance and progress of outside counsel representing the company to ensure requisite expert legal advice is obtained when/as necessary.
• Provides on-the-spot and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience.
• Provides legal counsel on cross-functional and cross-operating company projects and initiatives.
• Develops and delivers presentations and training to employees, including management, within area of responsibility.
• Juris Doctorate required
• Three (3) years experience practicing as a licensed attorney at a law firm, corporation or with the government.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Admitted to and currently in good standing with the required state Bar.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
• Ability to work and influence peers and senior management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Other Job Description Information
Staff level attorney for commercial transactions and vendor/supplier contracting for FedEx Ground. Based at the corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA. Ability to draft, negotiate and close a variety of commercial transactions, including technology (software licensing, cloud services, SaaS), professional consulting services, asset purchases and procurement of other goods and services. Successful candidate will be both legal and business advisor to business partners on compliance with law, corporate policies and acceptable levels of legal and financial risk. Excellent computer, interpersonal and writing skills required. Must collaborate with other FedEx attorneys and outside counsel.% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce