Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25736-308126
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Responsible for managing assigned Linehaul operations, analyzing mainline and satellite operations to minimize Linehaul costs. Manages Linehaul schedules and plans in an effort to maximize capacity, minimize partial trailer loads and ensure service integrity for assigned areas.
• Management responsibilities include but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
• Plans, schedules and manages the inbound and outbound Linehaul Operations for the hub. Analyzes mainline and satellite operations to maximize tractor usage and minimize Linehaul costs
• Manages Linehaul schedules and plans to maximize capacity, minimize partial trailer loads and ensure service integrity for specific areas.
• Manages Company-owned assets by ensuring all loaded trailers are accounted for, moved or unloaded timely
• Develops annual strategic plans to support peak volume
• Manages service and cost targets and ensures goals are met. Identifies trends and proactively communicates areas for improvement
• Communicates and discusses contractual changes and issues, including those related to Settlement, with Independent Contractors
• Ensures adherence to Independent Contractor Run Assignment Program for assigned area
• Organizes combination dispatches and follows up, as appropriate in his or her discretion, to ensure on-time delivery and pickup of trailers
• Fosters a safety-conscious culture by supporting safety initiatives
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
• Establishes an ongoing relationship with outside vehicle maintenance vendors to ensure compliance with the preventative maintenance program and that regular service checks are performed
• Ensures and oversees a thorough investigation of schedule delays, accidents and equipment failures. Develops contingency plans to ensure on-time load delivery in the event of an en-route breakdown or accident
• Ensures compliance with Company policy and federal, state and local regulations
• Analyzes records relating to transportation safety programs and produces performance and compliance reports
• Supervises the preparation and maintenance of contractor, driver and tractor files to ensure compliance with Company policy and federal, state and local regulations
• Ensures contractor records in CDAS are current for proper tracking of physicals, safety training and license renewal dates.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Degree or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business or related area preferred
•• Two (2) years management, Linehaul Coordinator, Linehaul Specialist or operational leadership experience required; or three (3) years as an Operations, CPC, or Logistics Coordinator required. A combination of one (1) year management with two (2) years Operations, CPC, or Logistics Coordinator experience will also be accepted
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to motivate a team to perform at the highest level by inspiring a shared vision and empowering them to act
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals
• Knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures used in field operations and transportation regulations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
Address: 11825 Newgate Blvd
Zip Code: 21740
Search Engine Description: Accounting/Finance
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution
Domicile Location: P219
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce