Asst Manager - Station
Requisition ID: 25736-312020
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Assists in managing the complete day-to-day operation and maintenance of a large volume facility and ensures the facility is operating to optimize safety and quality measures. Ensures facility performance metrics are met using proper utilization of staffing. Supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture.
• Serves as a Champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
• Ensures that the station adheres to all aspects of the contract and holds all Independent Contractors (IC) and Independent Service Providers (ISP) accountable to the operating agreement.
• Manages the execution of performance standards, goals, and reports results as appropriate.
• Implements corporate initiative roll outs, recommends improvement strategies, and monitors implementation within the station.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Promotes a safe work environment through overseeing safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
• Verifies that the facility is in compliance with business controls and oversees the development of action plans to address deficiencies found during business control self audit (BCSA).
• Performs all other station activities in the absence of the station manager.
• Applies Quality Driven Management principles to promote continuous improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related area required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in logistics management is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Four (4) years experience required in management or operational leadership; those years as a Pick Up & Delivery, Dock experience, or Sr Manager - Station preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to FXG field operations, linehaul, and contractor relations.
Address: 3215 Spur 482
Zip Code: 75062
Search Engine Description: General
Warehouse & Distribution
Domicile Location: P752
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce