Regional Engineering Advisor
Requisition ID: 25736-313367
Position Title: Regional Engineering Advisor
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Coordinates engineering support remotely within a specific geographic regional assignment for FedEx Ground’s (FXG and FXSP) Hub, Linehaul (LH) operations, Station operations, and Corporate to drive productivity and service, process improvements, system and technology enhancements.
• Develops operational strategies/objectives with the Region Vice President, establishing goals and plans for attaining strategic metrics, collaborating with Management towards the achievement of all pre-determined goals.
• Acts as a liaison between Corporate Engineering and field operations to assist in communicating and implementing operational strategies/objectives, goals and strategic metrics.
• Provides strategic input in the planning and opening of new Hubs and stations including expansions and annexes (where needed)
• Assists with the evaluation of hub and station capacity through the development of plans to accommodate seasonal volume fluctuations along with yearly growth
• Collaborates with Service Assurance, Linehaul, Linehaul Engineering, and District Engineering to reduce dwell, implement direct loads to reduce cost and improve service.
• Provides consistency and support for district staff for all operations (Hub, IB, OB, P&D) across the region on continuous network or operational improvements and efficiencies using engineering principles and methods
• Administers technical guidance on justifications of material handling, computer system, or engineering issues and enhancements.
• Coordinates new technology or software initiatives for the region
• Provides subject matter expertise on corporate initiatives including regional peak planning
• Bachelor’s degree with an analytical focus such as Engineering, Math, Science or Business (Economics, Statistics, Financial Analysis or other analytical focus). A Bachelor’s in an unrelated degree will require four (4) years additional experience in field industrial/design/project engineering (including Regional/District Field Engineering Support)
• Six (6) years’ experience required in field industrial/design/project engineering (including Regional/District Field Engineering/Support roles internally).
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Working knowledge of Business Objects.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to travel up to 75%.
• Knowledge of concepts related to Material Handling Designs (e.g. Computer Aided Design).
• Ability to perform cost justification analysis.
Search Engine Description
Zip Code: L4H 4J4
Domicile Location: QTGH
Other Job Description Information
Hours will vary based on Operational Needs
Regional position must be based within the region (Canada)
Bilingual English/French an asset
Travel as required to attend stations within the region as well as to the US as required.