Senior Manager - SmartPost Hub C
Requisition ID: 25736-313591
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
The Senior Manager - Hub C is responsible for supporting the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and overseeing the complete operation and maintenance of a hub that processes an average daily volume of ¬100,000 – 125,000 packages and has a staff of 12-20 managers. Ensure the hub is operating to optimize safety and quality measures, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Manage the performance of direct report employees. Provide leadership, training, and opportunities in order to develop and retain talented employees. Hold managers accountable for their area of responsibility (Dock, Logistics, Maintenance, etc.) and their direct reports. Oversee recognition, training, labor issues, personnel issues, and employee performance.
• Oversee the daily operation to ensure service and financial goals are regularly achieved. Allocate hub resources using information from multiple sources (reports, direct reports, corporate office, etc.) to maximize profitability and service.
• Interview, hire, compensate, discipline, and terminate hub employees (mainly direct reports, but usually involved in all employee situations).
• Plan, develop, and execute long-term and short-term business goals. Work with 3rd party vendors such as the staffing agencies for peak staffing needs, security and cleaning agencies and the USPS and third party carriers to maintain service requirements and needs.
• Maintain a tight internal control environment. Review documentation and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies, as well as local, state, and federal laws. If discrepancies or errors are discovered, communicate information to the corporate office via the Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA). Develop and implement action plans to correct and reduce/eliminate the chance of future occurrences.
• Ensure organizational compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Promote affirmative action and equal opportunity employment.
• Work with Regional Engineering Manager or Hub IE to ensure accurate engineering plans and proper training and execution of these plans.
• Understand and manage fiscal responsibility for hub including staffing budget, corporate citizenship, liability, and asset monitoring.
• Ensure the accurate completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation.
• Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of all housekeeping standards. Plan and prioritize the maintenance of the material handling equipment and facility.
• Ensure necessary meetings (staff, safety, retention, etc.) are held on a regular basis and submit required documentation to the corporate office.
• Work with corporate departments and other staff members to develop and implement new processes and forms while following the Quality Driven Management concept.
• Ensure daily goals are met (service, staffing, etc.). When goals are not met the Hub Manager must create a plan of action, communicate and implement the plan, and follow-up to ensure the goals are met.
• Ensure the hub operates within the budget that is determined by the corporate office.
• Maintain open communication with internal and external customers (employees, staffing agency, shippers, 3rd party carriers, etc.). And resolve any issues/complaints that are received. A hub manager must meet or exceed customer expectations in everything they do.
• Participate in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related area required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years’ experience in logistics management is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Eight (8) years’ experience required as a manager, Assistant Hub Manager, or other like upper-middle level management experience with at least two (2) of those years working within FXG/FXSP.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and understand their long range impact.
• Ability to compute and understand rate, ratios and percent.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills and the ability to perform complex tasks with minimal direction is required.
• Ability to organize, motivate, and lead employees.
• Proficient MS Office skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
Address: 3901 Adler Drive 100
Zip Code: 75211
Search Engine Description: Operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution
Domicile Location: P5751
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce