Linehaul Transportation Specialist
Requisition ID: 25736-315239
Position Title: Linehaul Transportation Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Oversees and monitors the safe, efficient, and timely execution of the FedEx Ground Linehaul network. Oversees and monitors process improvements, system and technology enhancements, administration processes and procedures, internal and external purchase transportation, and overall equipment pool management designed to achieve maximum service and minimize transportation costs for the company while ensuring that all administrative processes and business requirements are adhered to.
• Manages and analyzes market volume projections to efficiently and cost effectively plan and schedule both contractor and equipment needs to ensure sufficient coverage for both FXG and FedEx SmartPost (FXSP).
• Manages and coordinates transportation needs for the efficient movement of market package volume while ensuring carriers can meet FXG service standards (i.e., FXG LH trailer and inter-modal purchased transportation).
• Interacts daily with field operations to reduce empty and partial trailer movements in the network by combining multiple loads, relaying trailers through intermediate hubs for fill, sweeping tractors through intermediate terminals to pick-up loads, and utilizing non-FedEx one-way purchased moves
• Investigates and reports schedule delays, accidents, equipment failures, and problems with proper operations management.
• Develops and coordinates logistical planning for external customers and works directly with customer to implement and modify.
• Directs and implements solutions to resolve customer service issues by creating recovery plans, using TMS and network knowledge.
• Coordinates and manages carrier activities ensuring shipments are picked up, in-gated correctly at the rail yard, and delivered to final destination in accordance with rail cutoff times and customer delivery requirements.
• Coordinates and tracks the processing and movement of FXG trailers, rental equipment, new trailers, and dollies in the FXG network
• Monitors and reviews market LH processes to ensure compliance with posted policy and procedures, and recommends corrective actions to management.
• High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, or related field preferred
• Two (2) years in Linehaul Operations, Logistics, Transportation Industry, or related area
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies, terms, and procedures used in field operations
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
Search Engine Description
Supply Chain & Logistics
Zip Code: L4H 4J4
Domicile Location: Q6124
Other Job Description Information
Monday to Friday typically working days, hours may vary from time to time based on operations needs.EEO Statement: FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity employer