Modeler I - III
Requisition ID: 25736-316686
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Analyzes existing business system and designs business models and software applications. Develops optimization and rule- based models and applications. Facilitates communications between the Corporate Business Modeling (CBM) group and the end-users.
• Analyzes and designs the business models and software applications.
• Develops new approaches and methodologies to enhance the business models.
• Designs databases for new and enhanced business models.
• Plans and performs unit and system testing. Monitors and validates test results.
• Writes technical documentation in accordance with the CBM documentation framework.
• Conducts Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions as required in user departments.
• Develops ad hoc reports and analysis according to management requests.
• Communicates with business analysts, field personnel, and other departments for problem resolutions.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field required; in addition to Minimum Experience, Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years experience in professional software development with exposure to object oriented languages and mathematical/rule based modeling is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
• Three (3) years experience required in professional software development with exposure to object oriented languages and mathematical/rule based modeling.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Demonstrated knowledge of Operations Research (OR), mathematical and data modeling.
• Demonstrated knowledge of object oriented design and development.
• Strong programming skills.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentations skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver information sessions to groups and /or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Java (JavaBeans, JDBC, RMI, JSF, Spring, WebLogic), SAS, Shell Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL; Tools – Rational Rose, Eclipse, TOAD; Databases – Oracle; Operating systems – UNIX, LINUX, Windows .
Other Job Description Information
The Modeler positions will support one of the following (3) functional areas.
Operation Planning and Design – focused on tool development for “Strategic Network Planning Models”
Network Engineering – focused on “Short and Long Term Forecasting Modeling”
Linehaul Engineering – focused on “Linehaul Optimization and development of production linehaul scheduling tools”
In addition to required skills, preferred qualifications including experience with the following will be considered:
Languages/software: Python, C++, JDBC, JSON
Solvers: CPLEX, Gurobi
GUI Tools: Tableau, ArcGIS
Application Framework: Spring, MVC, Struts
Application Server: Weblogic
Design Tools: ERWin, Sybase PowerDesigner
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Engineering
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce