Operations Research Analyst I
Requisition ID: 25736-316904
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Formulates and applies sophisticated modeling and optimization techniques to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. Focuses on collecting and analyzing data and developing decision support software. Supports existing models and applications. Tests applications under development and works with the input/output data. Completes routine business analyses based on models output, as required.
• Provides project support or individually design and develop models for evaluation of strategic proposals.
• Supports and upgrades the business models and software applications with management guidance and/or support from higher level Operations Research (OR) analysts/advisors.
• Develops fundamental OR business models with direction from other OR analysts/advisors or management
• Develops ad hoc reports on management request.
• Analyzes input data and model outputs.
• Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related field required.
Must have experience or coursework (skills can be gained concurrently with education) with: Operations Research (OR), mathematical, and data modeling concepts; Excel; Word; Powerpoint; SAS; and Minitab. Experience or coursework with the following optimization/simulation modeling engines and languages: CPLEX, Gurobi, FlexSim, or Simio; experience or coursework with one of the following general programming languages: Visual Basic, JAVA, SQL, or Python; and experience or coursework with one of the following relational database systems: Oracle, DB2, or TeradataAddress: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Engineering
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce