Settlement Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID: 25736-319784
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Serves as the key technical expert for the Disbursement Control Oversight Office (DCOO) in Settlement. Develops any necessary applications while adhering to FedEx Ground’s best practices and security rules. Resident expert for the DCOO server by partnering with IT for server maintenance proficiencies and monitoring database administration functions. Provides assistance and consultation for the DCOO team on creating, automating, and maintaining data analytics and monitoring tests. Leads any modernization efforts and ensures DCOO maintains cutting edge technologies.
• Develops technical tools, techniques, and process improvements to enhance the DCOO/Settlement environment. Enhancements may include relational scripts, system security and model building. Assists with the creation of analytics and any related scripts for the Oversight App and for Identification and Prevention.
• Leads the efforts in DCOO and Settlement with regards to automating manual processes through the creation of stored procedures, schedules, scripts…etc.
• Leads and/or performs system upgrades, modifications, and application development to enhance the DCOO/Settlement environment.
• Develops the necessary user interfaces and applications needed to work exceptions and investigate Identification and Prevention findings. Develops and maintains necessary documentation.
• Leads throughout the project life cycle including new development and enhancements. Handles and leads all development tasks including database design, architectural design, and testing and validation.
• Monitors the DCOO server for any alert/failure messages and takes action to resolve any issues that arise.
• Develops strategies through research and analysis that ensure DCOO and Settlement remain current on new technologies by putting together recommendations and providing consultation.
• Ensures all applications and systems developed in DCOO comply with all FedEx’s established security and information technology requirements. Keeps all the applications and related infrastructure up-to-date and in compliance with all FedEx’s established procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school degree or GED an four (4) years experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Five (5) Years experience in information technology, computer science, or data science required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Excellent IT knowledge of numerous systems and programming languages such as Java, Python, Web Development languages. Excellent programming skills. Demonstrated knowledge with object oriented languages such as C, C++, C#, Object-C. Strong knowledge in object oriented software design and development.
• Strong knowledge in Database/Server Administration Tasks.
• Exceptional analytical, time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively interact with all professional levels within a diverse work group. Strategic thinker with ability to implement strategic initiatives with minimum supervision.
• Excellent in Microsoft Excel, Visio, Access, Word and PowerPoint. Strong knowledge in visualization tools like Spotfire and Tableau.
• Demonstrated knowledge with statistical tools and scripting languages such as SAS.
• Ability to learn and acquire new knowledge and skills in new technologies as necessary. Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Contractor Relations
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce