Industrial Engineer & Process Engineer I - V
Requisition ID: 25736-322923
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives. Detailed summary in the areas of: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: Provides analysis, reporting tools, and engineering support for FedEx Ground field operations to effectively control and/or justify operational costs.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions. • Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review. • Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. • Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers. • Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review. • Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree. Preferred disciplines may be needed in the areas of: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS: • Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or related field preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This position is in the Linehaul Engineering Department.
The selected candidate will be responsible for researching and defining existing linehaul processes, identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of linehaul processes, and supporting AGILE teams during the design, development, and maintenance of the linehaul operating systems.
The position will closely collaborate with field operations teams, district staff, various FedEx Ground corporate departments and other FedEx operating companies to ensure all linehaul processes are properly analyzed, reengineered, and supported.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with Process flow charting, Excel, Access or other data mining tools, and PowerPoint to provide analysis, present data, and communicate recommendations
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Engineering
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce