Manager - Safety Institute
Requisition ID: 25736-323657
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Manages and leads the department delivering learning and development programs, safety and other related learning and development programs. Leads and participates in special and strategic projects as necessary.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
• Develops strategic and operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives through employee training and development initiatives.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
• Manages the Safety Institute Learning Specialists and provides input and coaching on classroom training, on-the-job training, in person workshops and e-learning materials to support a variety of organizational initiatives and business needs.
• Oversees the safety education and training for FXG employees to ensure the design and delivery of the coursework is aligned with the organization’s vision and goals.
• Oversees and evaluates the facilitation of safety training to ensure best practices and curricula are delivered effectively. Implements process improvements as necessary.
• Collaborates with FXG Universityfunctional areas in the analysis, design, development, implementations and evaluation of training materials and coursework as necessary.
• Leads and participates in special projects (e.g., relating to curriculum designs and updates, etc.) and strategic projects. Assists all levels of management in ad hoc requests.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Training & Development, Human Resources, Business Management, Communications or a related field required .
• Master’s degree in Education, Business Administration, or Strategic Leadership preferred.
• Seven (7) years of progressively increasing experience with two (2) of those years in an instructional, educational, training setting or related combination and five (5) years of management experience in an education, transportation, operations (Operations Manager or above) or related experience required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Managing a geographically dispersed team
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management, explain complex and/or confidential information
• Exposure to industry associations- American Society for Training and Development, American Management Association, Creative Learning Institute, etc. (Involvement preferred)
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to FXG Operations preferred
• Knowledge of concepts and practices related to Leadership
Other Job Description Information
Domicile Pittsburgh, PA% of Travel for the Position: <25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Search Engine Description: Human Resources
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce