Requisition ID: 25736-328723
Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
• Under the direction of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Coordinator develops the daily shipping schedules for parcels using short-term projections while collaborating with operations. Through close communication with the SmartPost Corporate Transportation Department, the FedEx Ground Linehaul department, local FedEx Ground Hub, other SmartPost hubs, and the United States Postal Service (USPS), the Logistics Coordinator will help coordinate outbound and inbound trailer movement through the FedEx Network, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Manages and tracks outbound and inbound On-Time Service (OTS). Responsible for computing and analyzing reports for Hub Inbound/Outbound service, Outbound Load Factor, Load Cost, DDU carriers, and USPS service performance. Works with DDU carriers to meet service goals.
• Assists in the completion of the daily yard inventory reconciliation; ensures the correct arrival and dispatch processes and procedures are being followed
• Works cross functionally with other internal hub departments to maximize efficiency and cost savings
• Investigates reasons for late loads by communicating with other SmartPost hubs, local FedEx Ground hub and/or FedEx Ground linehaul department. Identifies and quickly corrects service issues.
• Based on projected inbound volume, adds, creates, or cancels National Distribution Center (NDC), Destination Delivery Units (DDU) or Mainline loads to ensure service expectations of product is met and trailer space is utilized correctly
• Examines and changes daily outbound schedule to ensure timely product delivery and optimal trailer utilization. Arranges customer supply/return loads as needed.
• Reviews inbound mainlines daily; tracks late arrivals and communicates with Operations to ensure efficient trailer processing upon arrival.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or GED required
• Two (2) years experience required in logistics or transportation environment
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required; experience with Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and freight management software is preferred
• Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language
Other Job Description Information
9am-2pm% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 2291 Sweeney Drive
Zip Code: 15026
Domicile Location: P5150
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Administrative
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution