Requisition ID: 25736-329569
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Under the direction of the Senior Manager - Hub and/or the Manager – Dock Operations, the Logistics Manager supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages a team of employees that are responsible for developing the daily shipping schedules for parcels using short-term projections while collaborating with cross-functional co-workers. Through close communication with the Corporate Transportation Department, local FedEx Ground Hubs, other Logistics Departments, and the United States Postal Service (USPS), the Logistics Manager will help coordinate outbound and inbound trailer movement through the FedEx Network, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Manage, support, mentor and monitor performance of direct reports.
• Interview, hire, train, and direct work assignments, reward/discipline employees, resolve employee conflicts or complaints, and assist in the resolution of RESPECT claims and employee relations issues as they arise. Evaluate employee performance and development needs to challenge their potential.
• Based on projected inbound volume, add, create, or cancel NDC, Auxiliary Sortation Facility, Destination Delivery Units (DDU) or Mainline loads to ensure service expectations of product is met and trailer space is utilized correctly.
• Manage and track outbound and inbound On-Time Service (OTS). Responsible for computing and analyzing reports for Hub Inbound/Outbound service, Outbound Load Factor, Load Cost, DDU carriers, and USPS service performance.
• Investigate reasons for late loads.
• Examine and change daily outbound schedule to ensure timely product delivery and optimal trailer utilization. Arrange customer supply/return loads as needed.
• Manage customer transportation. Modify daily customer projections when necessary. Add, cancel or modify inbound customer trips daily as needed. Relay updated daily customer projections to hub management. Communicate with customers and carriers on transportation (pick-up) changes.
• Track inbound mainlines daily to help plan outbound NDC, ASF or DDU loads and provide Hub Management with the most accurate arrival times for planning labor.
• Audit postal pallets daily to ensure compliance and eliminate missorts.
• Ensure completion of essential hub processes such as the daily yard inventory reconciliation and the internal USPS sampling process.
• Ensure the correct arrival and dispatch procedures are being followed.
• Relay outbound load changes to A&D Clerks and verify the correct loads and trailers are assigned to the door.
• Work cross functionally by assisting operations with pallet audits, trailer checks and work rights.
• Under the direction of the Transportation Department provide operational support related to software releases that affect any of the direct report positions. Aid in the training of new Logistics employee’s in the SmartPost network when needed.
• Manage and work to increase DDU penetration to cut down postal costs.
• Ensure carriers meet service information and tracing requirements.
• Rotate between shifts and positions in order to gain a solid understanding of the business.
• Conduct periodic postal and carrier meetings.
• Participate in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Identify and quickly recover missed product.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred.
• One (1) year previous management, package handler, FXG field or related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to organize, motivate, and lead employees.
• Solid computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MapPoint.
• Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
Address: 4801 Hollins Ferry Road
Zip Code: 21227
Domicile Location: P5213
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Administrative
Warehouse & Distribution