Financial Analyst I - III
Requisition ID: 25736-329580
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Provides financial guidance to management through the analysis of products, operations, capital requests and strategic projects. Assists in supporting cross-functional projects and teams by identifying benefits and costs.
• Performs analyses regarding financial and/or operational performance on such issues as productivity, operational statistics, cost trends, and revenue trends. • Assists with assigned projects by performing, analyzing, and tracking financial, statistical, and computer modeling techniques to support department recommendation. • Maintains analysis models to support recommendation provided to management. • Performs interim forecasts and systems integrating expense, capital and budgeting. • Coordinates and analyzes the annual business plan, capital plan and Long Range Outlook (LRO). Performs periodic updates and presents operating changes to management. • Reviews financial plans for completeness and consistency with established objectives and priorities to include monitoring accomplishments of plans. • Assists management in determining and defining the business impact (both operational and economic) on the operation of proposed systems, capital investments, and/or product changes. Prepares, reports on, and tracks feasibility/profitability studies related to proposed corporate programs and strategies. • Defines data needs and creates databases used for analyses by establishing links and interfaces between various databases of company and corporate–wide computer based information and reporting systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field required; Master’s Business Administration preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling. various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily. assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations. • Knowledge of financial analysis applying common financial metrics and methodologies (i.e., Return on Investment (ROI), Net Present Value (NPV), allocation and fixed/variable methodologies).
Other Job Description Information
Candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred:
• Engineering mindset (continuous improvement, detail oriented, process automation, analytical, etc.)
• Data analysis and related programming languages such as SQL, SAS, etc.
• Experience in using data visualizations to help explain trends, root causes, etc.
Some responsibilities will include:
• Developing the annual Plan and Strategic Outlook for all direct field costs including field management staffing for FedEx Ground field locations.
• Analyzing field cost variances against Plan and prior year’s results.
• Providing field forecasts and quarterly direct field costs for Guess.
• Completing adhoc reports and/or projects for upper management on direct field cost results and reasons for variance.
This position may be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance