Regional Facility Maintenance Advisor
Requisition ID: 25736-330907
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Provides a wide array of technical subject matter and maintenance process advisement to the hub and auto station Facility Maintenance Managers (FMMs). Provides critical decisions and consultation on technical and field facility performance and material handling maintenance. Uses previous management experience with an entire location maintenance staff with proven leadership and effective staffing process to assist Facility Maintenance Managers effectively deploy staff for repairs around operational sorts, while keeping employees engaged and motivated.
• Evaluates, advises and provides oversight of technical, leadership and management development to support Facility Maintenance Managers in auto stations and hubs
• Uses wide array of various types of sortation equipment experience to provide subject matter oversight ensuring established maintenance management practices, tools, policies, and procedures are supported
• Formulates policies and practices to support the ongoing changes in the Facility and Material Handling Maintenance department
• Will support the people aspect of Maintenance Management with engagement and leadership coaching and may partner with HR on hiring and retention initiatives
• Will use previous experience in developing complex staffing plans to assist FMMs with effective
• Develops expectations and communicates feedback regarding local maintenance department performance with all levels of Operations management.
• Oversees and proposes solutions to engineering and operations issues that impact field maintenance activities.
• Participates in the development and implementation of strategic and tactical goals for the facility maintenance department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering or related technical field required; in addition to minimum experience, an Associate’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance Engineering Technology or related field and two (2) years experience in electrical, electronic, mechanical or maintenance engineering technology is accepted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology is accepted in lieu of no degree.
• Ten (10) years progressive experience required in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology or related area with four (4) of those years working in a maintenance management capacity with demonstrated experience in skills below required
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Demonstrated experience in a wide variety of facility, mechanical and electrical design, layout, fabrication, conveyor and sortation equipment repair experience by managing an entire location’s maintenance function
• Previous management responsibilities in developing strategic and complex staffing of an entire location staff, along with engagement and motivational success with retention of employees
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams and make recommendations to management for repairs or improvements
• Ability to work flexible schedules.?
Address: 6120 South Meadows Drive
City: Grove City
Zip Code: 43123
Domicile Location: P432
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: General
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution