Strategic Planning Analyst III (Senior) - Advisor
Requisition ID: 25736-332981
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Identifies, frames, analyzes, and collaborates research data to reach decisions on strategic ideas that enhance the competitive and financial position of FedEx Ground (FXG). Generates insights based on this research as to the business value and implications for FXG of these ideas. Establishes and coordinates with other FedEx Operating Companies (OpCo) to collaborate on customer and competitor intelligence and FXG responses.
• Researches and reports information on the evolving customer and competitive environment in which FXG operate.
• Produces and presents high-quality, audience-ready analyses and presentation material designed to place a strong emphasis on critical takeaway messages for FXG executive management.
• Develops and expands an in-depth knowledge of FXG operations and customer value propositions, and their relation to the support functions of other FedEx Services.
• Produces quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing and emerging strategic trends internal and external to FXG and develops and presents the highlights and implications of these analyses to a variety of audiences.
• Utilizes knowledge of strategic implications of assigned research and subject matter expert interviews and probes to resolve inconsistencies as well as to explore findings of interest.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for the VP of Strategic Planning on customer and competitor developments and insights.
• Collaborates with other FedEx departments to leverage their expertise and resources as partners in strategic research and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or related analytical degree required.
• Seven (7) years experience required in quantitative and qualitative strategic analysis, PGH staff support function or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks, and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations. • Ability to troubleshoot issues, draw resources, and develop solutions.
Other Job Description Information
This position may be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance
Supply Chain & Logistics