Compliance Specialist I-SR
Requisition ID: 25736-332996
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Supports legal and regulatory compliance by assisting with, implementing, administering, and monitoring legal compliance-and policy-related programs, assessments, projects, internal customer training and related functions.
• Assists with implementing, administering, and monitoring compliance-related programs, assessments, projects and related functions.
• Assists with developing, coordinating, and implementing compliance training of internal customers.
• Collaborates with Field personnel and other functional departments to promote and enhance corporate compliance objectives.
• Reviews documentation and/or other information submitted by, or otherwise relating to contracted service providers and other service providers to assess whether they are fulfilling contractually-agreed upon compliance standards.
• Assists FedEx Ground (FXG) attorneys in reviewing compliance assessments, drafting recommended action plans, following-up on such action plans, and communicating assessment results and recommended action, as needed.
• Assists with compliance trend analyses and makes recommendations for further action regarding short and long-term business and compliance objectives.
• Develops knowledge of current compliance best practices and industry standards to support company and department goals and objectives.
• Develops understanding of changes in legal, government and regulatory environment, and assists FXG attorneys in promoting company awareness of and compliance with such changes.
• Assists in the implementation and updating of the company’s compliance programs including: anti-corruption/3rd Party vendors, training & communications, risk assessment, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (including anti-money laundering, antitrust and anti-fraud) and the FedEx Alert Line.
• Assists in the implementation of compliance programs relating to restricted or regulated commodities, import and export controls, and other compliance obligations and functions.
• Reviews compliance assessments and assists in identifying areas of improvement based on standard operating procedures and established guidelines; communicates assessment results and required remediation, as needed, for issues identified during assessments; performs trend analysis of same.
• Collaborates with Legal Compliance Group to develop process improvements (e.g., specifications, standards, project processes, including other department’s roles in those processes) that relate to compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, Pre-Law, Criminal Justice or equivalent degree preferred.
• Two (2) years experience required in compliance or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software (SharePoint), data analytics tools, and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to present investigative findings.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to analyze review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
Position may be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory