Requisition ID: 25736-333016
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Pursuant to applicable laws, protects the assets of the Company from the financial impact of liability claims and lawsuits while ensuring maximum performance from FedEx Ground (FXG) independent adjusters and regional counsel. Responsible for administration of moderately complex litigated and non-litigated injury and property damage claims for automoble and general liability incidents. Evaluate the exposure to the company associated with those claims and decide the appropriate course of action to best protect the company from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Provide guidance to internal customers, coworkers, and management.
• Manage and control the administration of bodily injury and property damage liability claims of moderate complexity and/or moderate exposure.
• Investigate, identify and evaluate liability and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting and presenting recommendations of significant exposure and expenses to management when required.
• Negotiate and resolve assigned claims and litigation consistent with applicable law and corporate policy.
• Surpervise select litigated claims; provide assistance to Regional Counsel on assigned claims; respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests.
• Provide reports to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
• Provide guidance and support to managers, employees, third party administrators, and other internal and external customers with respect to liability claims procedures, accident reporting, claims handling, and data integrity issues in assigned jurisdictions.
• Invesitgate, summarize and respond to inquiries and complaints received by leadership.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business or related field. In addition to minimum experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in Liability Claims or related area is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Five (5) years experience required in liability claims or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• CPCU, SCLA, AIC or other related designation(s) preferred
• Ability to understand and effectively execute mutually successful negotiations in litigated and non-litigated claims.
• Strong knowledge of third party liability claims, contract, tort, damages, agency, contribution/indemnity and other applicable related law, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, Document Management, and Outlook
Other Job Description Information
Position may be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI% of Travel for the Position: 0-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory