Financial Systems Specialist I-II
Requisition ID: 25736-333447
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Oversees the maintenance and procedures of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) Department’s financial systems. Directs the development of technical tools, techniques and process improvements within the FPA systems environments, ensuring a continued focus on increasing the productivity of financial-related functions. Responsible for implementation of new software, database administration and employee training.
• Performs monthly processing including database structure builds, data migration, On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP)/relational calculations, process log reviews, system maintenance, report updates and documentation.
• Provides problem-solving expertise for previously developed programs and systems; assesses current methodologies and investigates various approaches to determine solutions.
• Develops and defines technical tools, techniques, standards and process improvements to enhance the FPA environment.
• Ensures data integrity, including managing data migration to and from subsidiary systems.
• Performs test planning, test monitoring and test validations for system changes/enhancements.
• Performs system upgrades, application development, and application / database customization.
• Coordinates project activities during model development and establishes accurate data collection and reporting processes.
• Reviews, revises and provides consultation to management as an expert in financial systems, applications and model building.
• Assists with technical standards, procedures and appropriate system architecture for projects while developing new approaches and methodologies to enhance the end product.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Technology, or related area required.
• Two (2) years’ experience required in financial analysis, information systems or related area. A fundamental understanding of FedEx preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Excellent analytical, time-management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with object oriented design and programming, design patterns, model driven architecture, web application architecture, data modeling, data warehousing and web services.
• Experience with and knowledge of Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) systems, including On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP), relational programming, visual basic programming, web development and report writing
• Responsible for keeping up-to-date with trends in standards, procedures, techniques and tools.
Other Job Description Information
Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion/Workspace, Essbase, Oracle Data Integrator or similar experience preferred.
This position is domiciled in Pittsburgh.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance