Strategic Planning Analyst I - Advisor
Requisition ID: 25736-338572
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Assists in analyzing strategic ideas that enhance the competitive and financial position of FedEx Ground (FXG). Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with other FXG Pittsburgh General Headquarters (PGH) departments and other FedEx Operating Companies (OpCo) to collaborate on customer and competitor intelligence and FXG responses. Assists in producing quantitative and qualitative analyses of existing and emerging strategic trends internal and external to FXG Executive Management.
• Researches the evolving customer and competitive environment in which FXG operates and reports the key implications of that research to management.
• Applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of FXG operations and customer value propositions, and their relation to the support functions of FedEx Services (FXS).
• Utilizes knowledge of the strategic implications of assigned research and subject matter expert interviews and probes to resolve inconsistencies, as well as, to explore findings of interest to the work at hand.
• Assists in producing and presenting in coordination with other department personnel high-quality, audience-ready analyses and presentation materials, thoroughly checked for accuracy, that pulls out the critical takeaway messages for FXG.
• Collaborates with other FedEx departments to leverage their expertise and resources as partners in strategic research and initiatives.
• Completes short-term turnaround assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or related analytical degree required.
• Three (3) years’ experience required in quantitative and qualitative strategic analysis, PGH staff support function or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks, and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This position may be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance
Supply Chain & Logistics