Data Analyst, Environmental Compliance and Innovation
Requisition ID: 25736-339545
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Serves as an environmental data analyst, selects data to retrieve from a variety of FedEx databases/information systems and other outside sources and effectively analyzes patterns within the data to discern policy and compliance trends and to support company-wide environmental compliance with policies and procedures, as well as laws and regulations. Acts as subject matter expert for environmental reporting and analytics. Responsible for coordinating, identifying, managing, and facilitating group’s use of current and future technology applications.
• Maintains and supports cloud-based environmental information management systems.
• Acts a liaison between Environmental Services Department and third party environmental software vendors.
• Manages and maintains contracts with vendors through FedEx contracting system, EnCoRE.
• Works with environmental compliance specialists and management to identify and determine compliance technology and data needs of the group; then works with business partners to identify, select, access, and analyze information that analyst determines is
pertinent to compliance trends.
• Drafts queries to obtain information pertinent to compliance trending and determines how to utilize data and technology to serve group needs.
• Conducts diagnostic, proactive, and prescriptive data analysis for purposes of Company adherence to environmental laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and best practices.
• Tracks and monitors environmental compliance efforts, recommendations, and results including monitoring and tracking of effectiveness of compliance programs.
• Prepares and distributes information that assists in compliance efforts.
• Assists in the implementation and updating of the company’s environmental compliance programs and procedures.
• Uses QDM/ AGILE/SAFe to identify and implement efficiency opportunities within group and Company processes; recommends and implements process improvements.
• Creates reports, graphs, charts, PowerPoints, etc. based upon data analysis to share with group, legal management team, field operations, and business partners.
• Develops and delivers presentations as requested by management.
• Develops and maintains support tools/systems to assist management in making decisions.
• Collaborates and benchmarks with Corporate Environmental Affairs, business partners, and other industry environmental compliance teams on technology initiatives, data analytics, and other data driven compliance efforts.
• Responsible for development of new technology applications for group and responsible for internal electronic recordkeeping and knowledge management needs of group.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Mathematics, Business or equivalent preferred. Studies in an environmental field and/or compliance preferred.
• Two (2) years’ experience required in data and information analysis or related area required. Experience in compliance data management preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software (O365), data analytics tools, and web-based applications.
• Ability to draft statements/queries and ability to learn software coding for end-user applications.
• Ability to learn about and to work with multiple information systems.
• Willingness and ability learn about environmental laws and regulations.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work professionally with all levels of the organization, build collaborative working relationships and to gain input and influence decision makers.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance