Asst Manager - Hub
Requisition ID: 25736-339574
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Assists Hub Manager in providing direction to the staff managers in the efficient operation and maintenance of the hub facility while ensuring the hub is operating to optimize safety, security, and quality measures, productivity, and service expectations. Supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture.
• Serves as a Champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
• Supports Hub Manager to execute operational standards to meet or exceed all facility goals, and measures, including overall productivity.
• Coordinates with other departments and FedEx Operational Companies (OpCo) in all aspects of Hub operations (e.g., Linehaul, Engineering, Maintenance, Administration, Human Resources, district staff and Pittsburgh General Headquarters).
• Manages department audits, Control Self Monitoring (CSM), dispatching and other audit processes.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Monitors the education and implementation of employee safety and accident/injury programs and prevention.
• Participates with the district staff in the implementation of improvement strategies designed to enhance the overall performance of the facility.
• Manages a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed operational goals established on the Hub Operations Summary.
• Works closely with Hub Manager to gain a thorough knowledge of hub operations.
• Performs all other hub activities in the absence of the hub manager.
In some areas within the department, the following may apply:
• Oversees and monitors the Air Gateway responsibilities for the Hub; completes necessary certification and training requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineering or related area required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in logistics management is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Five (5) years progressive management and/or operational leadership experience required; Five (5) years Senior Manager and/or operational leadership experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to FXG field operations, linehaul, and contractor relations.
Address: 1101 E Cleveland Road
Zip Code: 75141
Domicile Location: P753
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations
Warehouse & Distribution