Maintenance Tech I - IV (Specialist)
Requisition ID: 25736-340352
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through advanced in-depth mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication and/or electrical knowledge of machinery and equipment by completing preventive, predictive and diagnostic maintenance and repair on some or all of the following: motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and/or electrical machines and equipment and control systems. Should have the ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications and troubleshoot malfunctions. May elevate troubleshooting results to Engineer or manager.
Advanced mechanical and/or electrical and/or production/process control troubleshooting abilities along with the ability to read schematics and diagnose and address complex problems with basic maintenance project leadership and quality science will be required.
• Works independently to perform assigned complex preventative maintenance work ensuring the highest quality of work and that each step is fully executed according to FedEx Ground standards.
• Responds promptly to sort calls while ensuring accurate diagnoses of the failure; organizes materials and personnel needed for timely repair.
• Possesses a combination of advanced, in-depth experience in:
Mechanical – power transmission and/or fabrication with basic commercial/industrial electrical
Commercial/industrial electrical with basic mechanical – power transmission and/or fabrication
Production or process machinery with advanced mechanical and/or commercial/industrial electrical experience
• Process control troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and repair a advanced mechanical, electrical and control system problems
• Possesses basic knowledge of mechanical design of powered conveyor systems or production or process machinery
• Possesses demonstrated experience in quality-related tools to identify, implement and evaluate equipment and/or maintenance process improvements
• Assists management in identifying projects and outlining tasks
• Capable of assuming basic project/ process management responsibilities as delegated by manager
• Performs and mentors lower level technicians in advanced and complex proper preventative maintenance techniques; diagnoses and repairs all material handling, system and sortation equipment.
• Uses the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports, inventory parts, create purchase requisitions, create work orders, open, assign and close scheduled work orders.
• Understands sort operations from the control room operator point of view and uses this understanding to:
a) Assist sort control in making good sort decisions
b) Evaluate the sort system equipment efficiency
• Oversees and performs sortation system equipment efficiency and operations tests; evaluates and communicates results.
• Demonstrates and adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
• May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Eight (8) years (or 6 years with preferred degree) of progressive light industrial maintenance experience including:
• Advanced in-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication with basic commercial/industrial electrical experience
• Advanced in-depth commercial/industrial electrical experience with basic mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication experience
• Advanced in-depth production or process machinery experience with basic mechanical and/or commercial/industrial experience
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) - driven equipment and/or process improvements
• One (1) year demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams
• Eight (8) years (or six (6) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to follow detailed instruction to complete routine procedures and operate standard equipment.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• In depth knowledge of mechanical design, layout, fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications.(Required)
• In depth knowledge of motors and motor control methods.(Required)
• Advanced skills in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques.
• Ability to troubleshoot PLC (Programmable Logic Controller)
• Expertise in troubleshooting and repairing the scanner system.
• Ability to read and create electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Advanced mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities
• Mentors and guides other technicians to diagnose and address more complex problems
Other Job Description Information
Rotating shift schedule
Strong electrical, motor controls and PLC experience preferred.
Address: 99 Freeport Rd
Zip Code: 18640
Domicile Location: P185
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Maintenance