Operations Training Specialist
Requisition ID: 25736-340932
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Implements and administers training activities at a FedEx Ground station or hub in support of the Company’s overall training strategy. Serves as an ongoing educational and training resource to ensure all facility employees receive training needed to effectively complete their jobs.
• Manages the training curriculum for all employees in the facility.
• Ensures Package Handler training events are properly prepared and executed with established materials within established timelines.
• Monitors continuous on-the-job training of employees, as needed, by demonstrating proper training with them on the dock and guiding managers on effective training methods.
• Manages and leads weekly Package Handler retention team meetings.
• Provides training, follow-up coaching and feedback to managers based on individual needs and development opportunities.
• Works with the facility Senior Manager, District Staff and the PGH University to determine training gaps.
• Responds to requests for and questions about training initiatives in a timely fashion.
• May conduct or assist with Package Handler orientation sessions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, Business Administration, Business Management or related field preferred.
• One (1) year experience required in instructor-led training, field operations or related area
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Working knowledge of field operations and/or training principles.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple processes, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
Address: 510 Industrial Drive
Zip Code: 17339
Domicile Location: P170
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution