Manager - Talent Acquisition and Planning
Requisition ID: 25736-344376
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Manages the full life-cycle recruiting and/or sourcing and selection programs and practices that are designed to attract top talent, be fair and objective, and align with the organization’s diversity goals and objectives. Utilizes up to date recruiting technology and implements creative strategies to meet changing demand for market driven skills. Ensures all hiring processes are effective, legally compliant and adhered to by hiring managers and HR. Works closely with all members of the HR team, and with all levels of management to deliver HR programs and services at FedEx Ground for Corporate and possibly field-based employees. May serve as a liaison to HR team (both field and Corporate) to implement programs, initiatives and support the goals of Human Resources and the company.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
• Develops and manages the department budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
• Manages a staff of Recruiters and/or Reps and/or Analysts and/or Specialists that support sourcing and recruiting strategies and activities to attract top talent
• Partners closely with leadership to help scale the recruiting function to drive progress and strategy
• Leads and develops a strong team of recruiters, demonstrating excellent people management skills and leadership behaviors
• Collaborates with the other Talent Acquisition leaders, HR as well as other cross functional groups across the organization.
• Co- manages the third party vendors to ensure that they are meeting the defined SLAs and consistently driving results
• Defines and tracks consistent hiring metrics and goals and SLAs for the recruiters and sourcers.
• Brings past industry and market knowledge and continues to research and understand local and non-local talent market trends
• Ensures that all job postings, promotions, and transfer activity are in compliance with established corporate policy.
• Manages recruiting and assists management in recruitment process for exempt and non-exempt employees; develops, monitors, and implements processes necessary for effective selection.
• Oversees and supports both corporate-wide internal and external recruitment efforts; develops strategies to ensure the sourcing and selection of diverse and qualified candidates in support of the organization’s EEO and AACP initiatives and direction.
• Develops and manages employment-related policies and practices to ensure legally compliant programs.
• Researches and recommends strategies to utilize social media technology in order to enhance the organization’s ability to attract candidates for various positions.
• Accountable for all selection processes to include monitoring, training and execution of changes and ensuring compliance with such processes
• Partners with the Workforce Planning group to monitor and analyze turnover trends; determines areas of need for recruitment focus; works with management to develop strategies to address vacancies and develop talent pool needed in key areas of the business. May serve as a liaison to HR team (both field and Corporate) to implement programs, initiatives and support the goals of Human Resources and the company.
• Assists corporate resource functional areas in the communication and implementation of process changes and compliance reviews; provides support and oversight to measure new program success or need for additional training and / or communication of new initiatives.
• May identify staffing, employee relations and/or training support needs to support field and Corporate HR
• Develops and delivers presentations and training to employees, management, and human resources personnel within area of responsibility.
• Acts as a FedEx Ground lead in area of responsibility and participates on various cross opco teams.Responsible for Corporate and may be responsible for operational staffing needs and assisting management with peak planning strategies to ensure staffing needs are satisfied during high volume and high growth periods
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school degree or GED and four (4) years experience in human resources is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Seven (7) years experience required in human resources with a focus on recruitment or HR generalist activities; management experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Professional in Human Resources or Senior Professional in Human Resources certification preferred.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Knowledge of human resources principles and practices within area of responsibility (e.g., recruitment, sourcing, screening, selection, Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunities).
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Human Resources