Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives. Detailed summary in the areas of: OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY: Researches, designs, develops, deploys, and/or supports new and current technology solutions to improve performance and reduce operating costs with management guidance and support. Participates on cross-functional project teams responsible for implementing new technology.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions.
• Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review.
• Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis.
• Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers.
• Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review.
• Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree. Preferred disciplines may be needed in the areas of: OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY: • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
The ideal candidate will have:
• Knowledge of mobile computing or barcode scanning technology
• General knowledge about mobile computing operating systems (e.g. Android-GMS, Android-AOSP, etc.)
• Ability to lead a cross-functional project team to design, test, and implement mobile data collection solutions within FedEx Ground’s operations
• Ability to work with 3rd party vendors to identify, develop, and implement mobile data collection solutions within FedEx Ground’s operations
• Experience drafting high-level system requirements, user guides, troubleshooting procedures, formal Request for Proposals (RFPs), and statements of work
• Some knowledge of how wireless networks and Enterprise Mobility Management platforms work
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Engineering