Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Leads cross-functional and cross-opco teams of professionals through all phases of the project lifecycle. Manages and directs projects or initiative to ensure that project(s) are delivered on time, within budget and meeting or exceeding customer expectations. Manages any of the following:
• Single major initiative - defined as a project that is approved and prioritized on the FedEx Ground (FXG) Project Approval Committee (PAC) portfolio or a strategic corporate initiative.
• Multiple projects of various sizes.
• Adheres to FXG project standards and requirements including the Global Development Process or Everest processes. Ensures all projects impacting FXG operations follows the FXG Organizational Change Management (OCM) framework and requirements for the project.
• Ensures scope of project is clearly defined, approved, and has a documented management level sponsor.
• Develops, manages, tracks progress of, and updates project plan to meet the approved requirements/scope defined for the project. Escalates project issues to upper management.
• Creates and manages the project schedule by defining tasks and determining the durations, sequencing, and resources needed.
• Estimates project spending, provides input on budgeting, and controls cost throughout the project lifecycle.
• Defines and manages project plan to meet the approved scope of the project. Ensures changes in scope are reviewed and approved by project team and sponsors.
• Defines and tracks success and accuracy metrics for the project to ensure FedEx Quality standards are enforced.
• Leads cross-functional team(s) to ensure all team members have clearly defined roles and responsibilities while monitoring the progress and performance.
• Communicates project status to team members and project sponsors on a consistent basis. Ensures effective communication and training is provided to all impacted stakeholders in accordance with FXG OCM process.
• Manages the purchase and acquisition of products or services to meet project deliverables in adherence with FXG policy.
• Ensures development of risk plan and mitigation strategy. Monitors execution of that strategy.
• Ensures that Business Requirements Specifications (BRS) and FedEx Work Requests (FWRs) are created to support business needs within the project.
• Collaborates and maintains a working relationship with vendors and customers as required by the project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Science, Business, Finance, or related field; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in a technical or professional position is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Five (5) years experience required in a technical or professional environment with at least two (2) years of leading cross-functional projects.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to field operations.
Other Job Description Information
May be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.
Project Manager will work in the Financial Controls department of FedEx Ground. We are seeking candidates who are very familiar with internal controls and ensuring that appropriate levels of control are integrated into development efforts.
You might be a great fit if you have experience in the following areas:
• Performing or leading corporate audits
• Accounting for and reporting of financial transactions
• Applying knowledge of internal control concepts to various business processes, areas, and functions
• Analyzing the control environment and ensuring proposed changes have required controls incorporated into the development requirements
• Assessing situations and seeking multiple perspectives
• Solving complex problems
• Invoice payment and financial transactions processing
• Managing vendor relationships
• Using automated software (SQL, MS Access, Excel, and other datamining tools) to extract and analyze financial data
• Extracting data for applications supporting analysis and to summarize results in presentation formats for multiple levels of management
• Developing PeopleSoft queries
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: General
Supply Chain & Logistics