Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives.
Detailed summary in the areas of:
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS:
Provides analysis, reporting tools, and engineering support for FedEx Ground field operations to effectively control and/or justify operational costs.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions.
• Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review.
• Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis.
• Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers.
• Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review.
• Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree.
Preferred disciplines may be needed in the areas of:
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER & PROCESS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or related field preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This position can be domiciled in either Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI
The Vision group is the primary business owner for multiple applications used within the preload sort and Pickup &Delivery (P&D) operation, including but not limited to: Automated Work Area Design (AWAD), Preload Assist (PLA), Manifest, Daily Route Planning System (DRPS), and Work Area Master Table/Daily Service Worksheet (WAMT/DSW). The selected candidate will work with the rest of the team to within the AGILE framework to develop/enhance these Vision systems and processes. Selected candidate will also investigate & communicate their results on root cause analyses and develop implementation/training programs for large scale P&D System initiatives.
Team members will work regularly with other groups, including: Field P&D Engineering, MOON P&D Technology, various IT Teams, Communications, Field Operations and others.
• Excellent problem solving skills, including use of Excel, Access, SQL, SAS or other data analysis tools
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Engineering