Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Oversees the complete repair and maintenance of all material handling equipment, buildings and grounds for assigned automated station through a staff of technicians. Ensures that all FedEx Ground (FXG) policies and procedures are followed related to the performance of the maintenance function.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management and staff productivity. • Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements procedures and programs as necessary. • Plans and manages spending against facility and material handling maintenance expense budgets. • Ensure that all FedEx Ground policies and procedures are followed related to the performance of the maintenance function. • Establishes and communicates the level of quality and safety expected in the performance of maintenance tasks. • Ensures timely, accurate completion of the preventative maintenance program. • Manages the daily use of all Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) activities (e.g. maintenance entry and processing work orders). • Establishes long term strategic and tactical goals for the overall maintenance department. • Identifies, evaluates and implements improvements to the material handling system to improve operations productivity, quality, and/or service. • Provides technical expertise in the areas of sortation electrical and mechanical systems. • Maintains a complete filing system of operator and parts manuals and software and electronic component parameters for all equipment, as well as other pertinent records required for quality performance of the maintenance function. • Interacts with building and material handling vendors involved in the expansion of assigned automated station. • Establishes and maintains a reliable network of outside vendors and suppliers to ensure cost-effective and a timely support of the maintenance function; administers the bidding process for all material handling maintenance projects. • Ensures that all environmental policies are practiced and enforced.
• High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field preferred.
10 years [or 8 years with preferred degree], of progressive light industrial maintenance experience with one (1) year Maintenance supervisory/management experience.
• Three (3) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians will be considered equivalent to one (1) year Maintenance supervisory/management experience.
• 10 years progressive operations management experience will be considered in lieu of light industrial and supervisory/management experience.
Preferred experience to include:
a) in-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or electrical power or machines controls
b) demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) - driven equipment and/or process improvements
c) Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of management. • Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions. • Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team. • Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups. • Understanding of mechanical and electrical design, layout fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications. • Knowledge of motors and motor control methods. • Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques. • Knowledge of PLC and computer controls systems. • Thorough understanding of the SWAK (Barcode Reader) control system. • Experience troubleshooting and repairing the label scanners. • Knowledge of applicable safety codes. • Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams. • Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 1525 Woodson Rd
City: Saint Louis
Zip Code: 63114
Domicile Location: P631
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Maintenance