Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Serves as primary safety resource within assigned district(s). Develops and delivers safety-related information customized to the district. Drives decision making to incorporate and maintain the ‘Safety Above All' culture.
• Promotes a “Safety Above All” culture.
• Creates and customizes safety strategy, initiatives and programs within the local operating environment.
• Engages, educates, develops and trains on safety acumen and leadership.
• Analyzes safety, regulatory, and operational trends, and identifies root causes to influence positive change.
• Oversees and ensures compliance of environmental, health, and safety programs with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Monitors safety/regulatory related compliance to the Independent Contractor (IC) agreements, Independent Service Provider (ISP) agreements and other vendor contracts. Develops the case for accountability measures and works with facility management to ensure corrective action. Reviews safety-related Business Discussions (BDs) to ensure that they are consistent with the terms of the appropriate agreement.
• Travels in response to events including but not limited to accidents, injuries, matters related to hazardous materials, and regulatory concerns. Performs root cause analysis, develops and performs after-action initiatives, and follow-up on events and activities.
• Administers the policies relating to safety management, audits, and employee training.
• Initiates, develops, and maintains positive and impactful relationships with various enforcement and regulatory agencies.
• Initiates in-person/on-site visits with customers as needed to review and formulate action plans related to various safe shipping concerns, including but not limited to HazMat and dock safety issues.
• Oversees and validates the Company's Safety Committee procedure.
• Support local truck driving championships as available.
• Maintains a broad and thorough knowledge base across all regulatory areas, company policies, and IC/ISP agreements.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Leads or participates in industry associations to promote the brand and safety.
Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Logistics/Transportation, Business Management or related field is required. In addition to minimum experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years’ experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
•Five (5) years’ experience directly related to safety or regulatory compliance.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
•A valid driver’s license
•Professional designation in one or more of the following preferred: Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), and Certified Director of Safety (CDS).
•Knowledge of concepts, practices, and industry trends related to industrial/occupational safety.
•Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
•Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
•Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
•Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Address: 5655 Hood Way
Zip Code: 95377
Domicile Location: PBAY
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Accounting/Finance