Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Under the direction of the Manager - Dock Operations or Senior Manager - Hub, the Operations Manager supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture, manages the day-to-day operation of the hub and collaborates with cross-functional co-workers to provide the best possible service to the customers through timely and safe movement of parcels throughout our system, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
• Monitor the performance of the dock employees in the Operations Manager’s designated area.
• Provide continual feedback to dock employees regarding both positive and negative performance
• Prioritize, schedule and delegate dock employee work assignments to meet company performance standards.
• Interview, hire, train, and direct work assignments, reward/discipline employees, resolve employee conflicts or complaints, and assist in the resolution of RESPECT claims and employee relations issues as they arise. Evaluate dock employee performance and development needs to challenge their potential.
• Conducts presort meetings to effectively communicate values, strategies, and objectives, and assign accountabilities; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; develop a climate for offering information and opinions.
• Communicate and obtain productivity and quality goals during sort.
• Update and maintain accurate dock status reports.
• Assess and define assigned hub employee training needs and participate in on-the-job and new hire training. Provide educational opportunities to employees.
• Manage safety programs; investigate problems and recommend corrective actions. Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Address equipment malfunctions and/or immediately notify major and potential problems to the Maintenance Department.
• Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations, and the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards. Manage safety programs; investigate problems and recommend corrective actions.
• Conduct performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
• Motivate employees to maximize productivity and potential through fairly rewarding & recognizing employees.
• Complete audits for load quality, safety and work rights.
• Investigate missing pallets or errors.
• Accurately complete all required paperwork, records, and documents such as inventories, maintenance reports, and quality checks.
• Ensure all dock metrics are met.
• Responsible for training new employees regarding Video Event Data Recorder (VEDR)
• Ensure organizational/departmental compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies. Promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
• When required, participate in daily/weekly/monthly site staff meetings, corporate planning meetings and conference calls. Attend meetings, development training, and conference calls.
• Rotate between shifts and positions in order to gain a solid understanding of the business.
• Assist in managing dock hours. Verify MyTime hours against daily labor sheets, verify weekly temp agency hours, and verify that labor is coded correctly in MyTime.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred.
• Six (6) months package handler, FedEx Ground field or related experience required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area is accepted in lieu of required experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to organize, motivate, and lead employees.
• Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
Address: 553 Caperton Blvd
State: West Virginia
Zip Code: 25403
Domicile Location: P5254
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Administrative
Warehouse & Distribution