Position Title: Field Business Development Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Responsible for all aspects of service provider sourcing, recruiting and onboarding activities. Identifies and cultivates relationships with potential service providers. Fosters relationships in the community and champions the FedEx brand by participating in and hosting networking events in assigned geographical territory. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand and anticipate service capacity needs and opportunities.
• Responsible for proactively sourcing and onboarding service providers. Ensures compliance with the contract.
• Identifies and develops potential service providers using diverse approaches, including networking. This includes identifying trends, local competition, labor market and various market dynamics that impact the business.
• Evaluates and recommends potential service providers to operations management.
• Ensures the accuracy of pre-qualification criteria and contract paperwork completion.
• Subject matter expert regarding capacity needs and opportunities, providing advice to Operations and other stakeholders. Anticipates needs based on contract cycles, open service areas and volume surges.
• Cultivates strategic business relationships with community organizations, professional networks, small business symposiums and chamber of commerce's.
Performs other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources or a related discipline is required. In lieu of degree, a high school diploma/GED is required with an additional 4 (four) years’ experience in professional sales, marketing, communications or recruiting.
Six (6) years of experience required in high-level headhunting/sourcing across various business sizes, business consulting, business development, vendor sourcing, sales, marketing or related area required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Demonstrated understanding of sales account sourcing, vendor sourcing, franchising and/or procurement
• Strong business acumen and understanding of entrepreneurial businesses
• Demonstrated drive for achieving results
• Proven ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Strong software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information
• Strong presentation skills necessary to deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals in a clear and concise manner
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies, and procedures, related to field operations, transportation industry and sourcing trends preferred
• Strong knowledge of the contractor models and vendor agreements preferred
Zip Code: L4H 4J4
Domicile Location: Q6124
Other Job Description Information
Currently located within the Vaughan area; however, this position may be domiciled within the Greater Toronto Area.
French bilingual will be an asset but not mandatory.
Search Engine Description