Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Handles and resolves claims that are reserved at less than $50,000 exposure. Supervises the investigation, evaluation of exposure, handling, and resolution of claims with external independent adjustors.
• Reviews initial loss reports.
• Evaluates exposure and sets reserves.
• Directs and oversees the independent adjusters in the investigation, management and
handling of accidents and claims.
• Reviews adjuster reports to determine settlement or denial of claim.
• Participates and coaches independent adjusters on settlement negotiations.
• Authorizes and requests issuance of settlement checks.
• Reports and presents recommendations of significant exposure to Senior Manager.
• Audits the independent adjustors for performance on claims handling including the areas
of evaluation of exposure, recommendations for handling and resolution (settlement or
denial) of claims.
• Manages the performance of the independent adjustors to ensure data integrity, proper payment of claims and compliance with contractual requirements.
• Monitors independent adjustors for closing effectiveness and claims costs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Business or related field required. In addition to minimum experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years’ experience in Liability Claims or related area is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Three (3) years experience required in liability claims or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to tort law/legal system/contracts and general knowledge of liability insurance coverage.
Other Job Description Information
This position may be domiciled at Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.% of Travel for the Position: N/A
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Legal/Regulatory