Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Management
Oversees the day-to-day and long-term operations and staff within a defined area(s) of a FedEx Ground (FXG) station or hub. Supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Operations Managers overseeing Package Handlers and achieving successful customer-facing results by maintaining productive relationships with employees.
• Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives.
• Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the station or hub.
• Responsible for managing and assigning employees (primarily Operations Managers) to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers.
• Determines the work area’s strategic goals and ensures quality, service, cost and productivity goals are achieved. Plans the work area strategy based on projected volume, head count, and other special circumstances and factors.
• Oversees daily visual inspections of loads to ensure proper quality for customers and/or vendors.
• Directs and guides Operations Managers to ensure common understanding of operational updates and daily goals for the work area.
• Ensures compliance with all FXG policies/procedures and applicable governmental regulations.
• Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs.
• Fosters a safety-conscious culture by serving as an advocate for safety compliance and safety initiatives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area preferred.
• Two (2) years previous management or operational leadership experience required; or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics or a related area plus one (1) year of management/operational leadership experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team.
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups.
• Proven ability to apply sound business judgment to establish and accomplish goals.
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests and issues.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide employees instruction on process and practice.
• Ability to read, interpret and draw conclusions from numerical data and written information.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant technology-based projects, including various devices and computer-based applications.
Address: 5655 Hood Way
Zip Code: 95377
Domicile Location: P953
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution