Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Provides expertise and actionable guidance to management through the analysis of Human Resources (HR) market and operations data, as well as the impacts of changes in the marketplace, demographics or legislation. Provides information and presents high-level analysis to guide business decisions. Develops strong working relationships with internal customers and works closely with assigned groups to understand business rules, key performance indicators, strategies and plans.
• Leads strategic research projects, running advanced (e.g., modeling, multivariate) analytics and providing predictive decision metrics to business leaders. Partners with leaders to identify research questions, determine key metrics, and interpret results.
• Uses human capital/workforce planning methodologies to determine business unit strengths and strategic opportunities in collaboration with internal clients.
• Assists in the identification of solutions and approaches to close or mitigate significant talent gaps and leads the design of measurement methods to monitor progress.
• Manages all phases of projects, including contracting and consulting with clients, developing research/project plans, providing insights and recommendations to facilitate decision-making, and developing and presenting results summaries.
• Assists in managing our workforce data (including survey data and HR employee data) to ensure the data is accurate and interpretable.
• Coordinates HR planning processes and presents findings to higher level management on strategic HR insights and initiatives.
• Determines, develops and tracks metrics based on employee demographics, the marketplace, legislation and other factors that impact the business and provides insight as to how the marketplace is changing.
• Ensures that appropriate analyses, trend highlights, and recommendations are provided and reviewed with management on a regular basis. Provides business impact studies on all major HR initiatives and proposals ensuring focus on corporate impact.
• Establishes basic problem definitions and alternatives for each HR project which includes risk/benefit analysis
• Creates and manages predictive models (e.g. job movement, retirements, talent pools, policy decisions) and integrates workforce model output into production reporting and developing metrics to assess their effectiveness
• Consolidates workforce reports for Senior Leadership and FedEx Corporate ensuring a proactive view of data trends and demographics and related topics of interest internally and externally through easy to understand and action oriented reports and presentations
• Supports appropriate projects by providing Human Capital insight, business context, and analytical support. Guides statistical inquiries and provides business interpretation of findings
• Plays a lead role in HR processes and technology system integration.
• Leads the Identification and assessment of new data sources that can supplement existing data to improve decision making (e.g. surveys, demographics, and compensation)
• Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field; I/O psychology, business, finance, economics, engineering, computer science or related discipline, required. Master’s degree, preferred.
• Six (6) years experience required in an analytical field including experience in workforce planning/analytics, predictive modeling/forecasting, statistical methods, business consulting, project management, audit or operational analysis; four (4) years in an analytical field including experience in workforce planning/analytics, predictive modeling/forecasting, statistical methods, business consulting, project management, audit or operational analysis with preferred degree
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Working knowledge of advanced spreadsheet applications, database concepts and applications, and predictive modeling/forecasting techniques and SAS.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures related to internal and external factors influencing Human Resources; the business drivers and metrics, and proactively translating the strategic needs into specific strategies and requirements.
Other Job Description Information
Can be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25%
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Engineering
Supply Chain & Logistics