Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
The Facility & Material Handling Maintenance Support Representative assists the Facility Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Service Managers and maintenance technicians with the day-to-day operation of the maintenance department by perfroming specialized maintenance tasks such as completing and processing work order and purchase order forms through multiple systems, interacting with current vendors and sourcing new vendors when necessary, providing customized reports from the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), monitoring part inventory and organization including physical movement of parts, maintaining spending- and safety-related documentation in accordance to retention policies and procedures, as well as common office tasks such as filing, copying, faxing, and answering the phone.
• Completes work order forms, reviews and prepares for management approval, interacts with technicians and vendors to resolve deficiencies through in person, phone, fax, and email communication.
• Completes contract and purchase order forms for management approval, follows up on delivery and receipt of goods and services and interacts with vendors to resolve deficiencies through in person, phone, fax, and email communication.
• Oversees workflow processes, data entry and retrieval of information via reports and customized queries through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Provides oversight of part inventories, including physical movement and barcoding.
• Researches and investigates best pricing and quality options for goods and services based on departmental needs and criticality.
• Tracks spend to budget through contracting and payment ledgers.
• Maintains contract, spending, and safety related document files required by Business Control Self Assessment (BCSA) and record retention policies and procedures.
• Trains and orients new maintenance personnel at the domiciled location and withing the region when necessary.
• Ships and receives freight (up to and including operating a fork truck).
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Previous clerical or customer service experience preferred
• Experience with company policies and procedures is preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• General business skills such as typing; data entry and review; and use of phone, copier, and fax
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests
• Maintain a record of meeting discussions, action items, and task assignments on behalf of the maintenance team
• Budget and inventory analysis
Address: 12501 NE 40th Street
City: Kansas City
Zip Code: 64161
Domicile Location: P644
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Administrative