Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner. Package Handlers (PHs) may be assigned to or rotate through various areas and positions such as Loader, Unloader, Palletizer, Scan Weigh and Key (SWAK), Quality Assurance (QA), Facer, Switcher, etc.
• Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling.
• Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, pallets, conveyor system carts and load gratings.
• Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours.
• Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly.
• Performs other duties as assigned
No experience required
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods.
• Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly.
• Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
• PHs operating switching equipment must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file.
Other Job Description Information
Class A CDL license required% of Travel for the Position: N/A
Address: 111 Fulling Mill Rd
Zip Code: 17057
Domicile Location: P176
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Operations
Supply Chain & Logistics
Warehouse & Distribution