Position Title: HR Business Partner
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for leading day-to-day activities of the HR function for assigned facilities and will be assigned human resources related projects. The HR Business Partner applies skill in selection/retention and employee relations techniques, an extensive knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, and Federal and Provincial laws regarding employment practices in order to support the organization. May provide guidance, consultation and share best practice on sourcing and employee relations to Talent Acquisition Partners. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time with overnight stays required as business needs dictate.
• Demonstrates knowledge of HR practices, guidelines and regulations to monitor and provide advice regarding compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and FedEx Ground policies, procedures, and processes.
• Identifies and/or conducts investigations on employee relations issues in an appropriate and timely manner and provides appropriate recommendations. Provides advice to management and responds to employee inquiries.
• Engages all levels of internal customers in assigned facilities in activities, meetings, special events and handles issues and questions
• Leads the full cycle staffing development and execution process for non-package handler recruitment, including applicant sourcing, recruiting, demonstrating good faith efforts in employment equity, pre-employment screening, interviewing and employee onboarding
• Leads recruitment activities, including peak planning, and participating in outreach events. Builds and maintains effective relationships with schools and community-based organizations.
• Leads recruitment activities, including peak planning, and participating in outreach events; builds and maintains effective relationships with schools and community-based organizations.
• Partners with Field HR Advisor and HR Managers to develop and/or facilitate programs to support business objectives, corporate programs and individual development.
• Provide guidance to the Talent Acquisition Partners in the development and execution of the Package Handler recruiting plan.
• Collaborates with operational business partners/Talent Acquisition Partners to develop strategic plans and actions to reduce voluntary turnover to goal and increase employee engagement.
• Participates in HR Assessments as assigned and follows-up/monitors action plans.
• In conjunction with hiring manager, responsible for Non-Package Handler pay review recommendations and providing guidance to managers on pay guidelines and sound pay recommendations
• Involved in projects, such as annual merit process, to deliver guidance and assistance to managers
• Leads more complex special HR projects as assigned by the HRM for the district.
• Partners with the HR Manager in order to facilitate the implementation of key HR initiatives for the district.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related discipline required. In addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years employee relations or HR generalist experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Five (5) years professional HR experience
• Preferred Experience: At least two (2) years of employee relations or HR Generalist experience
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Extensive knowledge of provincial and federal employment laws.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information and communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to work day, evening and overnight hours as business needs dictate.
• Demonstrated application of judgment based on experience and knowledge.
• Demonstrated progressive experience dealing with complicated matters.
• Professional designation in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification or CHRP certification preferred.
• Bilingual communication skills in English and French preferred.
Zip Code: T2E 8Z9
Domicile Location: Q6202
EEO Statement: FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity employer
Search Engine Description