Position Type: Part Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Serves as a “customer advocate” by improving new customer activation, pickup performance and responsiveness to customer issue resolution at assigned station(s). Communicates with various internal and external resources, responding to requests and issues to ensure a positive pickup experience and improved service quality index (SQI). Supports ongoing implementation of new and enhanced Customer Pickup Coordination (CPC) processes with various stakeholder audiences by providing information and updates.
• Provides internal and external customer service and issue resolution within defined timeframes and according to quality standards and expectations.
• Establishes new and updates existing FedEx Ground scheduled pickups, which requires communication and coordination with sales, customers, Independent Contractor (IC)/Independent Service Provider (ISP) business contacts and station management. Creates and maintains pickup files.
• Responds to daily inquiries and requests for assistance from IC/ISP business contacts when contingencies are exhausted to support service recovery. Performs requested pickup transfers and obtains customer approval for pickup window change to help provide an optimal pickup experience and ensure on-time pickups.
• Monitors customer service requests related to on-road package status and coordinates customer communication to IC/ISP business contact/driver for notification and response.
• Investigates calls regarding customer-perceived missed pickups and facilitates resolution. Provides timely customer follow-up on disposition and documents for station management to be able to conduct appropriate business contact follow-up.
• Surveys new shippers regarding first scheduled pickup experience and follows up with appropriate departments as necessary to ensure expectations are met .
• Contacts customers with non-productive pickup status to determine opportunities for schedule changes.
• Reinforces and reiterates changes to CPC processes with IC/ISP and station management while working on daily pickup activity.
• Executes CPC plans including those for holiday and contingency situations.
• Visits assigned station(s) to establish and build professional relationships and review opportunities to improve the customer and pickup experience.
• High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Communications or related area preferred
• One (1) year customer service, transportation sales, pickup and delivery administration or management, transportation dispatch or directly related experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Communications or related area is accepted in lieu of required experience
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively explain various information and data to a variety of audiences
• Customer service skills necessary to effectively and professionally respond to requests; demonstrated customer issue resolution experience required, via phone preferred
• Ability to build collaborative working relationships; experience working in a team environment to accomplish goals preferred
• Ability to influence others without authority
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
• Ability to compile data to support service improvement and cost reduction recommendations
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications
• Ability to successfully complete required CPC new hire and recurrence technical training
Other Job Description Information
This position will be domiciled at the FedEx Ground location in Arcadia, CA.
Weekend Availability Necessary.
Address: 12369 Lower Azusa Rd
Zip Code: 91006-5889
Domicile Location: P910
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Customer Service