Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Professional
Analyzes existing business system and designs business models and software applications. Develops optimization and rule-based models and applications and facilitates communications between Operations Research and end-users.
• Implements mathematical optimization model methods using statistical toolkits and programming languages such as Rational Rose, Eclipse, TOAD, Java, SQL, SAS, and PL/SQL to drive industry leading concepts to solve complex business problems
• Programs and designs the business operational models and software applications
• Constructs new approaches and methodologies to enhance the business models
• Builds databases for new and enhanced business operational models
• Responsible for performing unit and system testing, including monitoring and validating test results
• Writes technical documentation in accordance with business framework
• Conducts Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions as required in user departments
• Develops ad hoc reports and big data analysis according to management requests
• Collaborates with business analysts, field personnel, and other departments for problem resolutions
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or related field required; in addition to minimum experience, a Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years of experience in software development with exposure to object oriented languages and mathematical/rule based modeling is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
• Demonstrated application (could be in an academic setting) of one or a combination of the following: Java (JavaBeans, JDBC, RMI, JSF, Spring, WebLogic), SAS, Shell Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL; Tools – Rational Rose, Eclipse, TOAD; Databases – Oracle; Operating systems – UNIX, LINUX to analyze or design business models and software applications.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Exposure to Operations Research (OR), mathematical/data modeling and object oriented design and development
• Exposure to optimization/simulation modeling engines and languages such as CPLEX, Gurobi, FlexSim, Simio
• Demonstrated programming skills
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
• Presentations skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver information sessions to groups and /or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Demonstrated application of Java (JavaBeans, JDBC, RMI, JSF, Spring, WebLogic), SAS, Shell Scripts, SQL, PL/SQL; Tools – Rational Rose, Eclipse, TOAD; Databases – Oracle; Operating systems – UNIX, LINUX to analyze or design business models and software
Other Job Description Information
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Ability to articulate business questions and use available data to find answers that translate into business recommendations.
• Experience using large datasets to solve business problems at scale.
• Experience using modern data analysis tools like Python, R, Tableau, Spotfire, SQL, Hive, Spark, and BigQuery.
This role can be located in Pittsburgh, PA or Brookfield, WI.
Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
City: Moon Township
Zip Code: 15108
Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description: Engineering