Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst-Workers Comp Claims
Requisition ID: 25892-152586
Address Line 1: 2200 Forward Drive
Zip Code: 72602-0840
Position Status: Full-Time
Pursuant to applicable laws, responsible for the administration of moderately severe litigated and non-litigated workers’ compensation claims and related statutorily derivative liability claims; to evaluate the exposure associated with those claims and decide the appropriate course of action to best protect FedEx Freight from undue loss and to mitigate associated costs. Work with outside defense counsel, third party administrators, internal customers and coworkers and support management.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Manage and control administration of claims and litigation presented against or by FedEx Freight of moderate complexity and/or moderate exposure and subrogation/recovery claims against responsible third parties in assigned jurisdictions.
2. Investigate and identify coverage, liability, compensability, and damages; establish proper financial reserves on assigned claims, reporting to management and identify and evaluate subrogation and recovery rights and sources, pursuing recovery as appropriate.
3. Negotiate and resolve assigned workers’ compensation and related liability claims and litigation consistent with applicable law, liability and corporate policy with settlement authority up to $50,000 or with additional authority secured from Workers’ Compensation Claims and Litigation Advisor and/or management when needed.
4. Work with vendors on assigned claims, and audit claims to measure vendor performance.
5. Responsible for oversight of select litigated claims; providing assistance to outside defense attorneys on assigned claims, execute legal documents; respond on behalf of the company to discovery requests; and conduct legal research, interpreting and applying findings to properly resolve claims.
6. Report to excess insurance carriers as necessary on assigned claims in order to meet contractual reporting obligations under our insurance policies.
7. Maintain current knowledge of applicable laws, procedure, processes, and practices relevant to claims management in assigned jurisdictions and functions, responsibilities, policies, and procedures of organizations within the company.
8. Provide guidance and support to FedEx Freight managers, employees, third party administrators, and other internal and external customers with respect to workers compensation laws, regulations, policies, procedures, injury reporting, claims handling, and data integrity in assigned jurisdictions.
9. Review, investigate, summarize and respond to inquiries and complaints received by leadership.
10. Ensure compliance with state regulations governing required workers’ compensation notices, posters, wage forms and injury reporting forms.
11. Serve as subject matter expert to managers in the area of injury claims policy and procedures.
12. Participate on special projects as assigned by management.
13. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
14. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years equivalent work experience plus one (1) year workers’ compensation claims experience of moderately serious exposure and complexity on a regional or national level involving:
o Administration and resolution of medical and indemnity claims with total incurred value up to $50,000 per claim, including experience in completion of necessary wage statements utilized to calculate indemnity entitlement.
o Administration of claims involving legal representation.
• Experience in negotiation and resolution of litigated claims involving legal action, preferred
• Knowledge of workers’ compensation, contract, tort, damages, agency, subrogation, contribution/indemnity and other applicable/related law, as well as related terminology, concepts and practices.
• Successful completion of medical terminology course(s) preferred.
• Successful completion of required training programs and all licenses as required
• Professional designation in claims and/or insurance, preferred
• Good analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically
• Good organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and effectively manage changing priorities
• Ability to effectively work with outside legal counsel
• Knowledge of Risk Management Information Systems and statistical claims data
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to travel
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.