Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shop Technician 2
Requisition ID: 25892-288910
Address Line 1: 5890 NE 22nd St
City: Des Moines
Zip Code: 50313-2555
Position Status: Full-Time
To provide timely, quality, and cost effective repair and maintenance for vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment that requires preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and documentation to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment (which will include the use of diagnostic equipment)
2. Diagnoses cause of malfunctions and performs repairs from preventative maintenance up to component replacements
3. Diagnoses and trouble shoots general vehicle operating systems
4. Documents work performed, prepares vehicle records and reports in writing and electronically
5. Works with other technicians or independently in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
6. Performs necessary adjustments in equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations and prepares required safety documentation
7. Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
8. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
9. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• High School Diploma (or GED)
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing vehicle maintenance; a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate obtained from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school may substitute for one year vehicle maintenance experience
• Medium/Heavy Truck Master ASE Certification preferred
• Class A CDL preferred
• Brake Inspection Certification eligible
• Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
• Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment
• Computer skills including email, maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
• Thorough knowledge of late model gas and diesel engines and on-board computers
• Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair)
• Experience using lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes, etc.)
• Experience using precision measurement instruments (micrometers, dial indicators, electronic multimeters/testers, A/C charging station, etc.)
• Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
• Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
• Ability to enter and exit the driver’s compartment of the truck and/or behind cab using normal available footholds and handholds
• If paint and body work duties required, experience required
• If forklift repair duties required, prior forklift repair experience required
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job
• Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, diesel fumes and noise
• May be required to drive service van to off-site locations and perform work
• Exposure to climate conditions of the geographic area
• Exposure to chemicals, oils, greases, paints or other irritants
• Hours may vary due to operational needDivision Category: Maintenance
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.