Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-289428
Address Line 1: 119771 Rick Jones Way
Zip Code: 59750-9754
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: 2000-0400
Type of need for Driver Apprentice Positions
Through education and driving skills development, become proficient in the operation of a tractor trailer combination. Responsibilities include non-driving duties such as forklift operation and working the dock.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck
2. Perform pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment
3. Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer
4. Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
5. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
6. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
7. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
8. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess a class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a CDL permit prior to entering job classification
• Must possess acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) based on hiring standards
• Must meet all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements under section 391 of the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) regulations
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, bend, twist, squat, climb in and out of truck
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
• Exposure to noise and vibration
• Exposure to dust and diesel fumes
• Exposure to hazardous materials shipped and packaged under DOT regulations
• Hours may vary due to operational need
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.