Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 25892-290406
Address Line 1: 6900 Alcoa Road
Zip Code: 72015
Position Status: Full-Time
Work Hours: Varies
Responsible for timely, safe, and effective handling of company’s emergency response to chemical incidents. Coordinate with ChemTrec and company’s emergency response contractors to ensure proper handling in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations. Coordinate with company’s vendors to ensure proper disposition of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials in accordance with state and federal regulations
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Coordinate disposition of each FedEx Freight chemical release incident from beginning to end
2. Analyze each chemical incident and utilize independent judgment and discretion to determine proper response
3. Work closely with all levels of company employees and provide guidance to ensure the safety of employees during a chemical incident
4. Work closely with ChemTrec and Emergency Response contractors to ensure timely and appropriate response in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations as well as established industry standards.
5. Analyze and authorize proper disposition of damaged chemical shipments in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations
6. Coordinate with licensed hazardous waste vendors to pick up, transport, and dispose of damaged chemical shipments with acute or characteristic hazardous waste
7. Prepare and submit applicable state and federal reporting as required
8. Assist in auditing Emergency Response contractor invoices to ensure accuracy
9. Assist in tracking of chemical spills and ensuring compliance with established company spill procedures
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
11. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience plus two (2) years’ experience in Transportation and/or Hazardous Waste Operations
• Forty (40) Hours Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations Certification, preferred
• Completed Department of Transportation (DOT) education involving handling and shipping hazardous materials, preferred
• Knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) / Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regarding classification, handling, shipping and compatibility of hazardous waste materials, preferred
• Knowledge of state and federal reporting requirements including, but not limited to DOT 5800.1 reports, Tier II reports, and ADEQ annual reports, preferred
• Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Experience and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including but not limited to; Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Must be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergencies
• Exposure to multiple environmental factors (e.g. weather, chemicals, dust)
• Travel may be frequent and unexpected
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.