Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mgr-Service Center 2
Requisition ID: 25892-291268
Address Line 1: 10401 NW 121st Way
Zip Code: 33178-1002
Position Status: Full-Time
Lead employees in all service center functions. Ensure customer satisfaction by timely, proper handling of shipments and apply all applicable administrative support responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITES
1. Lead, educate and develop employees
2. Monitor education of all new employees
3. Plan the daily manpower needs to ensure customers' freight is delivered and picked-up timely
4. Communicate with dispatch at various terminals to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
5. Responsible for the clean and safe working condition of the facility and equipment
6. Implement company policy in all matters including hires, disciplinary issues and terminations
7. Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
8. Provide clear and frequent communication to all employees on service center productivity and company policies and procedures
9. Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers’ and company’s needs are met
10. Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
11. Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
12. Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
13. Review data on claims and investigate
14. Organize safety teams and facilitate meetings
15. Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
17. Perform other duties as required
DISCLAIMER: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
• Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have one year’s experience in the transportation industry in an operations leadership role or related position
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, and company policies and procedures, preferred
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
• Must be multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet
• Strong communication skills (written, verbal and visual)
• Able to work in a remote location, taking self initiative without requiring immediate local supervision
Company Name: FedEx Freight Inc.